Friday 30 December 2016

my personal favourite translated (and completed) c-novels

Happy New Year guys! It's almost been a year since I've started translation, can't believe how fast the time has gone by! 😮

I only recently got into c-novels last year, since I was in a gap year from graduating and job searching! Was bored, and finally had the time to watch dramas freely without guilt... Hehehe. I fell in love with the drama Nirvana in Fire/ Lang ya bang (there was another team that translated a few of the other chapters but I can't find them....) and Love me if you dare, found out that both of them were adaptations of a novel, read the translations that were available, and yep, from there on I was inspired to teach myself Mandarin again and try to read on my own. Of course, I didn't make as much progress as I'd like to, but once I make more money I hope that I could take Chinese lessons again, since there's only so much that I could learn on my own. I'm quite detached from the Chinese culture, and their language, has so much history and meanings behind them, that I know I'm overly simplifying things, and I'm afraid that I miss a lot of the nuances behind each phrase. Well, anyways, I'm getting off track here, haha. What I wanted to do was just share the novels that have inspired me 😀  They are top quality translations 👍

Also, all of these are completed, because I just have terrible memory lol, I have to read things all at once or I'll just forget details or confuse it with other stories.. Also, I'm impatient 😛

(Oh, just a warning, some these are PG-13, I think. I can't really remember, haha.)


  1. To be a virtuous wife, translated by Dreams of Jianghu  (she also translated A slight smile is devastating, which is also pretty damn cute!) 
  2. Sangsheng, death exists not at the River of Oblivion translated by hamster428 (also, check out Mei gonqing, it's not yet completed, but it's just too awesome to miss out) 
  3. Seven unfortunate lifetimes, all thanks to a moment of impulse translated by rosyfantasy (I also quite like the Demon king's favourite wangfei! translations are still in progress though)
  4. One life, one incarnation: Beautiful bones translated by hoju (should also check out Together forever, both from the same author and translated from the same team... Both stories are just amazingly sweet) 
  5. The demoness is not evil translated by xiaoxiaomei 

... And I think that's it for now! I'll probably add more as I go. As you can tell, I really like historicals, lol. Hopefully one day I can translate one too ^^ Once again, Happy New Year! Cheers! 

10 comments :

  1. I don't like wuxia stories because it is very long. I read all translation of Ding Mo's criminal novels, I also read just a smile is alluring, I don't like this world, I only like you, this translation and Finding Glowing Beauty in Books. I guess like modern romance setting novels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, they can get reeeeally long, which means translations take forever to finish lol. I haven't read the last three books you listed, will check it out when I'm on my next vacation! Beautiful bones and Together forever are set in the modern world, they're a bit shorter, 20 chapters I think, but I think Beautiful bones goes back and forth between the past world and the modern world for a bit. I should have noted that in the post haha, which genres they are, whoops!

      Delete
  2. hoju's translation of the novels is just too good. Her selection of novels is equally good. I read all the books she translated. Beautiful bones and Together Forever are written by MoaBoaFeiBoa. You would want to go back and read them again.
    thank you Anna for this novel. I just strolled into your blog and loving this novel already. May I know who the author is, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, completely agree! I love her work! To answer your question, the author of FMTL is 莫萦 Mo Ying . I should probably put that somewhere hahah thanks for reminding me

      Delete
  3. I mean I am reading First marriage and then love. thank you for your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    We would like to invite you to join us at http://www.blobtranslations.com Let’s get together and work as a group! Its more fun that way!

    Leave us a message at https://www.blobtranslations.com/contact-us/

    Thanks!
    blee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you think you would try and translate Ding Mo's "Dont turn back from Summer"? There are some chapters already translated online but are now all stopped. Would love to finish reading that story.

    Thanks for your awesome work on FMTL. I'm getting addicted to c novels now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, when will you update and complete “first marriage then love”?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the translation.
    I found a site who also provide the Exact English translation of Chinese, Japanese and Korean Web novels.
    Visit the site:
    Translated novels

    ReplyDelete